Saturday, April 30, 2011

the royal wedding

 

I won't lie to you, I didn't really care much about the Royal Wedding (sorry, Jan!)... until I decided to host a little viewing party for the event. Yep, at 5am. I decided it would be a good excuse to do something different and fun, and make some England-themed goodies as well. Lo and behold, I found six friends who wanted to crawl out of bed to join me, mostly for the food. With endless photos, in-depth analysis, and critiques have been circling the internet ever since, I figured a post detailing the loveliness of Kate's dress was beyond moot. It's from the house of McQueen, he's English, and tragically dead--an obvious and much-anticipated choice. But all redundancies aside, it was stunning... perfect actually. Instead, I opted for a simple collaboration of my favorite pictures from the ceremony, the guests, and of course their hats. Plus, of course, a wrap-up of my humble opinions:

The Dress: 10/10
The Hair and Makeup: 10/10 (she's always cute, but not that cute)
The Kiss: 3/10 (and I'm being generous)
Pippa's Dress:  10/10 (wow)
Ring-bearer's Suits:  10/10 for cuteness (see below)
Build-up to Delivery Ratio:  Immense
Ceremony:  Long and Loveless
Hour of Viewing: Painful
England's Pride:  Inspiring
Hats:  8.5/10
Posh's Outfit: 9.5/10
Beckham:  13.5/10
All in All:  fun, beautiful, and worth the wake-up (even without the food)




 Photos of the breakfast party to follow soon.

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! I love your Royal Wedding Recap! I totally agree re: 13.5 for Beckham! And yes, Kate was perfect.
    Post some pics of the goodies you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Food pics posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also woke up at 5am, but in my pajamas! Wish I had thought of a viewing party, as you did! I loved watching the wedding and I loved watching everyone everyones hats, dresses and the brides dress and jewels!!

    www.dishesanddiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete