Sunday, April 10, 2011

meat and cheese sampling tray


Any time I see charcuterie, cheese selections, or really any appetizer designed for sampling, I want to order it immediately. I'm the type of restaurant diner that likes to sample bits of as many foods as possible--anyone want to order two entrees and split them? I also love having something to nibble on while dinner is cooking or when guests first arrive. I put together this tray for a treat before a late Valentine's dinner with Adam. I ended up inhaling the unused ingredients in a similar cracker-sandwich-tasting manner for lunch the next three days. It's the perfect make-ahead appetizer for any dinner or party, and is always customizable to personal tastes. I included a list my ingredients below, which went together perfectly, thanks to the amazing stone-ground mustard and mango chutney.


Jalapeno Jack cheese, summer sausage, spreadable herb cheese wedges, stone ground mustard, asiago baguette, garlic and herb Cabot, red grapes, sopresseta, mango chutney, Granny Smith apple, Sociables crackers (4 varieties per box).

Side note:  I ordered this custom-made cutting board from the website A.Heirloom, where they let you place the heart on any town in any state. I chose to place it over Penn State University, where Adam and I first met.

No comments:

Post a Comment