Thursday, April 14, 2011

miniature lemon cupcakes with blueberry filling and blueberry buttercream icing


I love using boxed cake mix as a base for cupcakes or cakes.  It cuts time and labor by pre-measuring flour, sugar, baking powder and soda... need I say more. For these mini cupcakes, I started with a box of Lemon Supreme cake mix (prepared according to box instructions, reducing the cupcake baking time to 16 minutes for the miniature sized version) and went from there. I filled the cupcakes with blueberry jam, and made classic buttercream icing, then mixed jam and a squirt of lemon juice into the icing as well.  Despite appearances, I'm not a big icing fan... but I did love the taste of the cupcake and filling, with just a little less icing on top for me. Plus, they look perfect for Spring!




3 comments:

  1. LOVE the way those look. I bet they taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO saving this post! They're almost too beautiful to eat...or not lol.

    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lord, these look so fabulous! Must try this!

    apinchoflovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete