Sunday, May 1, 2011

a royal wedding party


5:00 in the morning is early, I don't care who you are. That is why I am pretty darn proud of myself, and my friends, for making the Royal Wedding a fun little get-together. I used this event as an excuse to try my hand at some English food, and of course tea, which made Adam very happy. Sausage rolls are one of his favorite treats, so I started from there. Unfortunately, crumpets were nowhere to be found in Baltimore, so I subbed in some English muffins instead (come on, it's close enough). I also baked my first scones, made four kinds of tea sandwiches, and spent the morning looking ridiculous in my awesome hat. My friends Kristen and Eva supplied some berries with whipped cream and mint, and two rich and delicious desserts (check out the wedding-themed cupcake toppers!). All in all it was a fun break from the ordinary, and I would definitely brave the dawn to do it all again.

English Muffins with Butter and Jam
Bacon Cheddar Cheese Scones
Sausage Rolls
Assorted Tea Sandwiches:  
Roast Beef with Horseradish Cream, Cucumbers and Watercress
Camembert, Sliced Pear and Fig Jam
Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese and Dill
Pate with Spicy Dijon Mustard
Berries with Mint and Whipped Cream
Fancy and Dainty Paper Plates
Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache Filling
White Chocolate Mud Pies
A close-up of sausage goodness
My fascinator!

6 comments:

  1. This all looks so delicious and chic. Congratulations, I am sure it all tasted fantastic.

    I actually liked your hat, very English-lady ;) all your outfit (or well, the upper part of it) looks timeless and elegant.

    Have a great week!
    -Ana
    http://viruschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look perfect for 5:00 AM! The sausage rolls look realllllllly delicious...the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches: DELICIOUS.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a great idea! The food looks amazing and so do you! I really liked how you chose to put your hat in there. Good for you!
    So fun!

    Trisha
    http://seasonsbesteats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great!! Such a great idea and I love your entire outfit, especially the hat! The tea sandwiches look so delicious!

    www.dishesanddiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find those paper plates? Do you remember? I love them!

    ReplyDelete