Sunday, April 3, 2011

mini cheesecakes with chocolate and raspberry sauce

 

This recipe should be in every dessert-lover's arsenal, period. I have never before been so disproportionately pleased with the result-to-effort ratio of any dessert I've tackled. I adapted this original recipe, which includes only 6 ingredients (3 of which I already had), by substituting homemade raspberry sauce... and of course some chocolate... for the cherry pie filling. I am already thinking of about 100 ways to turn this base recipe into any variety of cheesecake I desire (I'm looking at you, Reese's peanut butter cup). I also made my cheesecakes normal cupcake size, rather than using a mini cupcake pan, and only added about 1 minute of baking time. The result is a perfect classic cheesecake taste:  not too tart, not too sweet,, and perfectly delicious.



Difficulty:  
 



Thanks to the ingenious input from my friend, the esteemed Dr. Scott Eisen, I have also begun to add a difficulty rating scale to each recipe I post. The rating scale is based on four "stars", or in my case: gingersnaps.




4 comments:

  1. And now I'm REALLY mad those didn't make it over today....those raspberries make me drool

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wowow they look to die for. Love your outfit in the post below too.
    Thanks for the comment :).

    Helen, X
    areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Those look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGGGG! Not only are they pretty, but they look like they taste great! Will be marking this post, for sure.

    http://stylelustpages.com :)

    ReplyDelete