Saturday, April 23, 2011

my kind of easter eggs

If there's any excuse to make sugar cookies with sweet colorful icing, I'll take it. Easter seemed like as great a reason as any to bust out some pastels and sprinkles. I decided to make a dozen eggs the best way I know how: sugar cookies. I set out with the idea of making my own Royal Icing, but copped out and used Betty Crocker white cookie icing and some food coloring... plus some sprinkles, of course. I think they turned out pretty darn cute. Happy Easter!




Use any cut-out sugar cookie recipe, but the key is to bake them on the shorter end of the suggested baking time (I usually go with 350 degrees for 7 minutes) and pull them out before they start to brown at all. Every time I pull them out, I think they're not quite down, but they are, because as they cool they harden to perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment