Wednesday, January 4, 2012

woodberry kitchen

Sizzling Marvesta Shrimp with Roasted Onions & Peanut Romesco
Now that the holidays are behind us, I want to focus on building some of the previously sad and ignored parts of Gingersnaps. The first of these lonely little sections is Travel Snaps. While I've grossly postponed wading through my (literally) thousands of Ireland and London photos from previous trips, I first want to start at home in Baltimore. This city has so many fantastic things to offer, and it's not just The Wire. I've had so many amazing meals and experiences over the past four years here, and I think I have to do B-more some justice and start highlighting Charm City.

Woodberry Kitchen is a rustic yet elegant restaurant nestled in a quirky, artsy corner of greater Baltimore. It focuses on highlighting seasonal local produce, and rarely disappoints. Though perfect for any time of day, it's the restaurant's brunch that steals the show. Well, at least that's what does it for most people; I would've been happy just hanging out gawking at the decor... with a Bloody Mary of course. Or two. Brunch was fun and unique, with a decadent dessert finale, and definitely got my seal of approval.



Kitchen Bloody Mary with Organic Tomato Juice & Vodka



Maple Belgian Waffle & Toasted Oat Ice Cream Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment