Monday, January 16, 2012

color blocking

Sweater and Necklace: J. Crew, Jeans: Anoname (Nordstrom Rack), Shoes: Jessica Simpson

I have a thing for bright colors. I always have, always will. However, in one of about 1000+ attempts to overhaul my wardrobe over the years, I realized that too many bright colors meant I had a bunch of random pieces with no cohesion whatsoever. So I started buying only neutrals, specifically black and gray, and I now realize almost every outfit I post is neutral and colorless. I figured it was time to interject some color in a big way, and with a hugely popular trend: color blocking. I bought this sweater a few days ago, and am already impressed with how well it fit into my existing wardrobe. It will be popping up again soon to be sure.



9 comments:

  1. Ahhh! You've got the J.Crew necklace that I want! They keep making it in different colors making it harder to choose!

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been swooning over this necklace for YEARS, in this particular color.. I even almost bought it on ebay once for insane $$ when J. Crew discontinued the turquoise. When I saw it was back I had to have it finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi darling! thanks for yuor commenti on my blog :)
    You have a new follower :)
    kisses with the hope to read your comment again! :)

    www.coffebreakblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I don't see you between my follower :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I LOVE this! You did an amazing color blocking! You just inspired me to do more brighter colors myself! You look absolutely gorgeous in this outfit- the purple and turquoise blue suits you very nicely!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purple/turquoise combo :) The shoes are just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour clash here ! I'm more of a floral print girl myself. You have an amazing smile also - great blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those colors look GREAT on you!!!

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete