Tuesday, January 17, 2012

persimmon pomegranate feta salad with chili-lime dressing


Persimmons are a complete mystery to me, or at least they were. I've always noticed them popping up in the winter produce section, and occasionally on fancy-shmancy menus, but I had absolutely no idea what they tasted like or how to use them. I decided to just pick an intriguing recipe and go for it; I'm definitely glad I did. The fruit was sweet and unique, but not at all "weird" (technical term). The tangy feta cheese was a perfect accompaniment to the sweet fruits; the cilantro and pomegranate seeds added both a punch of color and flavor. This is definitely not man food, and I certainly wouldn't expect salad-excitement from Adam, but I would definitely make it again for a lunch or dinner with the girls. It was a perfect way to incorporate bright, fresh produce into the dark winter months.



1 comment:

  1. that looks delicious and healthy!

    http://weezngmonkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete