Monday, January 16, 2012

goat cheese, prosciutto & sage stuffed mushrooms

Baltimore is aflutter with even more crazies than usual this time of year, as the Ravens make a run for their second Superbowl. Although I'm a Steelers fan, I'll never miss an excuse to make and/or eat some tailgating food. Over this playoff weekend, I've shoveled in beers, wings, tater tots, fries, pizza, and pretty much all things that scream football season. Wow, I am just now realizing how ridiculous those habits are... Anyway, I wanted to make some fun food for friends on Sunday, and I went with these stuffed mushrooms, a pot of chili, and some bloody mary's. These mushrooms were simple to make, and insanely delicious to eat. The caveat here is that you must love goat cheese, because that is the main flavor component. But if you, like me, can't get enough goat cheese, then these are perfect little bites of savory heaven.




The only change I made to this recipe is that I sauteed some Panko in about 1 T. of butter over medium heat until slightly golden, and added that to the stuffing mixture. I just liked the added texture and flavor, and felt it helped balance the full 4 oz. of goat cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment