Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweet Potato & Chile Hash with Fried Eggs


I must say I'm patting myself on the back right now for this lovely Sweet Potato & Chile Hash. It is extremely rare that I consider a meatless dish to be a true meal, but this was more than satisfying. In fact, it is one of the only times I can remember Adam not finishing the serving in front of him (though not for lack of trying). I wish I had time to make such a lovely breakfast every day, but that is not happening, so I made it as breakfast-for-dinner instead. I followed the recipe closely, except that I used a mix of sweet potatoes and regular baking potatoes. This dish was so fresh with all of the bright veggies, with just enough kick from the various types of chiles. The chipotle sauce certainly didn't hurt either. All in all, an excellent meal to jump start my pathetic breakfast & brunch recipe repertoire.


I am also starting a new feature of sorts with my recipe posts. Sandra Lee on the Food Network frequently posts "Round Two Recipes" online, which use up the leftovers from dinner the next day. I find myself throwing away way too much food, so from now on many of my recipes will have "Round Two" follow-ups.  These can be accessed by "liking" Gingersnaps on facebook, starting with today's.

1 comment:

  1. Never seen this recipe before, but I love sweet potatoes, chile & eggs so I will make this one! Thanks for sharing! You have so many great recipes & beautiful inspiration on your blog, following back :)
    Love,
    Mundo de Alicia ❤

    ReplyDelete