Monday, June 20, 2011

smoked salmon naan pizza


I've decided that naan is an extremely underused bread. Adam claims it is the best type of bread ever, and while I'm not sure if I'd go that far, it's up there. So the idea of making naan pizzas was very appealing to both of us. I came across this recipe for smoked salmon pizza, and was sold immediately. It was one of the easiest recipes I've ever followed, and turned out a truly spectacular result. The herbed cream cheese "sauce" had a delicious flavor and creaminess, while the smoked salmon and capers added an amazing rich, slightly salty taste. I'm a little mad at myself that I could have made the final result look a little better for photos like the ones in the original recipe, but honestly I just covered it with cheese, baked it and started eating. I only ended up with one sort of funky-colored final picture, but trust me it looked and tasted awesome. As a bonus, the recipe claims it makes 2 naan's worth, but actually makes 3!






1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic. I am not a fan of capers, so I'd omit them but everything else looks like it would meld together wonderfully. I really like naan also and that cream cheese spread looks like it was to die for!

    xo!
    TFE

    ReplyDelete