Tuesday, June 21, 2011

turquoise & lemon-lime

Striped Tee: Madewell, Jeans:  Daughters of the Liberation, Anthropologie; Necklace: Unknown; Bracelet:  UO; Shoes: Cynthia Vincent for Target
I won't lie to you, this striped Madewell tee was an impulse purchase due to a 2-for-1 special they were running on soft tees. The color is a bit odd, and I wasn't even sure it would suit me at all, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I wore it to school on Friday with a floral scarf that picked up the lemon-lime color and had shades of fuscia and purple. Later that night, I was heading to a casual rooftop party and decided to just style it a different way. I wanted to keep with the idea of interesting color combos, and to my surprise this turquoise tribal necklace actually complemented it really well in an unexpected way. I think finding two different ways to wear a shirt in a single day already justifies the purchase, and hopefully I'll continue the creative streak.








7 comments:

  1. I love the lemon turquoise combo. That necklace is gorgeous.

    amy day to day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I love your hair color. It's so pretty. I love the color combo too. So cute.

    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look, it reminds me of the show "that 70s show" lols


    shanicexoxo.info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fello ginger! I saw your blog on IFB! I think it is really cute! I'm following now!

    -Shelby
    http://asimplefate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color combination! Very bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutie! I like the personal style post. Good color on you (the lime and blue)

    Www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you look so pretty!! I love the necklace!
    I didn't know that you are a natural red-head! Lucky you, I'm a.. natural brown-head.

    Also, I always enjoy reading your food posts!

    ReplyDelete