Wednesday, June 29, 2011

baked buffalo chicken pasta



My friend Scott might love buffalo chicken more than anyone else in the world. Bold, but potentially true. I had previously made Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese with this specific fact in mind, but since I rarely repeat recipes (ever), I wanted to make something slightly different. Enter this recipe, which as a "baked pasta" turned out to have more of a baked ziti texture than a creamy mac and cheese. The overall taste was really decadent and yummy, but there were a few things I'd do differently next time. Mine sat in the oven for about an extra 10-15 minutes, which may have dried it out just slightly, and I would have added a little extra cream and cheese to make more of a cheesy sauce. That being said, I really did like the dish and am sitting here pre-10 a.m. with my stomach growling, craving more of its buffalo cheesy goodness.




Because the pasta is quite dense, I served it with a salad full of chopped veggies and dressing that complemented the "Buffalo wing" flavors:  celery, carrots, red peppers, and a Parmesan Peppercorn dressing. And of course, cheesy garlic croutons just because they're delicious.


2 comments:

  1. I just lovveee baked pasta. Sounds delish!

    <3
    aj
    Cashmere&Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i was waiting for this post to come. it was delicious!! (as was the chocolate hazelnut gelato that followed the meal...)

    ReplyDelete