Friday, July 1, 2011

strawberry sorbet


The 4th of July is almost upon us, and I wanted to make something red, white and blue to celebrate. I could not have possibly been more pleased with this strawberry sorbet. I was curious just how flavorful the sorbet would be, as its only ingredients were fresh strawberries, sugar, lime juice and a touch of vodka. I was blown away by the rich, intense strawberry flavor. The sorbet would have been amazing on its own, but I went a step further and topped it with some homemade vanilla bean whipped cream. I think making your own whipped cream is always worth it, and adding the seeds of a vanilla bean in place of extract makes it even better. Top it all off with blueberries, and you've got yourself a little touch of patriotism.



3 comments:

  1. sooooo yummy.

    <3
    aj
    www.cashmereandcandy.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I really have to try some of your ideas and recipes when I move into my own apartment.

    http://shannonsometimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete