Wednesday, July 13, 2011

chevron: the new stripe


I really don't understand how a trend as simple and random as chevron-style stripes catches on like wildfire. They're really just zigzags, but I can't help myself; I love them. I love how you can slap some chevron on just about anything to make it look new, cute, and a little quirkier than plain stripes. Whether it's curtains or stationary, bold or subtle, it's just plain adorable. My favorite examples are the home decor photos that mix different prints and patterns to create rooms that make me drool. Can you tell I'm still dreaming of redecorating? I'm on a kick so strong that if I had any money to spend, I'd be coming home with gallons of white paint tomorrow. Sigh.





Photos c/o Rue Magazine, Wit & Whistle stationary, Bazaar of Serendipity, Virgina Johnson sack, Me oh My!, and Emily Henderson

1 comment:

  1. really like the chevron couch. currently thinking of redecorating so thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete