Monday, July 25, 2011

baked parmesan tomatoes


Heirloom tomatoes are popping up everywhere this time of year, so I have been trying out some recipes that showcase them. I have only recently "taught" myself to like tomatoes, so the fact that this recipe for Baked Parmesan Tomatoes led me to munch on entire halves at a time is pretty significant. It is imperative that you pick good tomatoes (whether heirloom or not); look how lovely that little heirloom baby below is with all of its folds and crinkles. The next important thing is reasonable Parmesan cheese. The green can grated faux variety won't cut it here. I thought the tomatoes turned out absolutely lovely, and make an amazing summer side dish, or even appetizer.



Additionally, I wanted to mention the Rosé seen above because it is fantastic. My friend Kristen and I discovered it at Whole Foods, purchasing it because of its strawberry notes. This wine is not too sweet, and very crisp with a subtle strawberry flavor. Amazing.


6 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Love all of your food :)

    kisses

    stylemesteph

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i might just have to make these for dinner!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love that the wine made it. That wine is SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even like tomatoes and this looks amazing! Anything with cheese has to be amazing, right? lol.

    Finally got GFC...now following you!

    xo,
    Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan! These look soo good and easy. I've been living down the shore this summer and perusing a couple of your recipes. We grow heirloom tomatoes down here so i'm def going to make this as a side for dinner. I tried the polenta and goat cheese soup too! So good! You may have inspired me to re-start my blog that I had for a little bit in college!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that this post was so popular! Glad to hear from all of you. Meghan, so good to hear from you after way too long! Hope everything is going great :)

    ReplyDelete