Saturday, July 16, 2011

goat cheese polenta with caramelized mushrooms & onions

I've finally given in to the idea that natural light is the best for photographing food. I knew this fact from browsing many photography tips and tricks post-camera purchasing, but in our apartment at dinnertime it's not that easy to do. However, this is post #2 that required no Photoshop magic, and that makes me very happy. I've never made polenta before, and I wanted to try it out. When I saw a recipe for Creamy Polenta with Goat Cheese, I thought "what better time than now?".  It's goat cheese after all. Then I decided to top it with Caramelized Mushrooms and Onions from this recipe to make it a nice little dinner. If you had a ton of time, it would make a great side dish, but I liked it as a small dinner after I had gorged myself on lunch. It was a really nice break from the norm, and had prompted me to try my hand at more polenta-based meals in the future.





1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Kevin @ Closet Cooking always has such great mushroom recipes!
    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete