Tuesday, July 19, 2011

chesapeake jumbo lump crab cakes with mustard creme fraiche


You really can't call yourself a Marylander unless you're making the most of every jumbo lump morsel of crab season. We are so inundated with crab on Baltimore restaurant menus, that I've never actually felt the need to cook with it myself. Virtually every menu item you can imagine is topped with crab here, to the point where it almost seems like an afterthought. Salads, soups, or pasta? Topped with jumbo lump. Cheeseburgers, pizza, or fries? Throw some crab on that s*$&. I took the plunge and decided to follow a recipe for Chesapeake Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Mustard Creme Fraiche; I am so glad I did. They were delicious, moist, flavorful, and barely contained enough filler to hold them together. Pure crabby goodness. I halved the recipe to make six crab cakes, and served them with some Old Bay corn on the cob and a side salad. I even made a makeshift vinaigrette by adding olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice to the mustard creme fraiche. I can't afford a pound of crab every day, but this dinner sure made me wish that I could.




3 comments:

  1. Wow. This sounds absolutely delicious. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guar Gum Manufacturers in India has been the particular single largest producer as well as exporter of Guar gum accounting for over 80 percent on the world wide output as well as business.

    ReplyDelete