Thursday, July 21, 2011

lobster ravioli with sherry beurre blanc


I love when you find a prepackaged food item that is an amazingly happy little surprise all wrapped up in plastic, or maybe cardboard, but I digress. Trader Joe's Lobster Ravioli is one of those items. It is so fantastically flavorful, rich, and easy that I think I could "make" it almost daily, meaning drop it into some boiling water for a few minutes. You could really eat this with nothing more than a little butter, but I decided to dress it up with a Sherry Beurre Blanc and grated Parmesan. If you're like me and can't afford real lobster, then this is an amazingly affordable choice. Get out there and buy it already!

 

Sherry Beurre Blanc
For one package lobster ravioli

3 T. Sherry
1 T. white wine vinegar
3/4 shallot
Pinch of salt and pepper
2.5 T butter

In a small saucepan, cook the Sherry, shallot, white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste over moderately high heat until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, adding each new piece before the previous one has melted completely.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! You always post the greatest recipes, which is why I'm passing along the Sunshine Award to you! Please visit my blog for details and continue to share the love. Congratulations!

    http://louboutinsinlalaland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Just the thought of "lobster ravioli" I know it tastes amazing!

    http://shannonsometimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete