Saturday, December 3, 2011

gilded christmas


I knew that I wanted to truly decorate for Christmas this year, and not like my haphazard mess of the last few years, but I needed to come up with a cohesive theme. Without a theme, you're going to end up with a disconnected bunch of junk that you'll never use or love. Trust me, I know. I really love Anthropologie's Christmas ornaments, which expertly combine gilded glam with rustic woodsy items. However, draping an entire tree in Anthro doesn't really fit my budget. Instead, I followed their inspiration, and bought only glimmering gold and silver and neutral rustic decor from sources like Target and made my own version. The entire tree, lights, and ornaments were under $100 and I think it turned out beautifully.




The best part is that this theme is something you can always build on--as I make a little cash flow in the future, I can start gradually adding in or substituting nicer ornaments for the cheaper ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment