Tuesday, February 21, 2012

we're getting married, for real!


Drum roll, please... Adam and I have found a wedding venue and set a date! (Insert one million exclamation points here). We will be tying the knot at the Evergreen Museum & Library in downtown Baltimore. We are absolutely thrilled to have found a location that fits so many of the visions we have had for our day. Adam's one hope was that we would be married somewhere in the city we have loved, not in a random suburb. This conflicted harshly with my dream of being married outside in a garden setting, that is until we found the Evergreen.The ceremony and reception areas already fit the aesthetic I hoped to achieve, but are also essentially blank slates onto which I can cast my creativity.

Setting a date and location makes everything feel so real, and I've immediately started excitedly planning and dreaming of the big day (something I had grossly neglected until now). Adam's mum, Jan, will be visiting Baltimore this weekend, and I'm already so excited to take her for a tour of the venue. Of course, there will be more pictures of the unoccupied space to come.




7 comments:

  1. I am so darn excited for you! I love your blog-it's bright and interesting, and has so many cool girly things that are incredibly creative and inspiring! God bless you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe her name is Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely can't wait to visit this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the both of you! That's so exciting. The venue looks pretty magical :)

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    By the way, have you heard of the Blogger Networking group in the DMV called CapFABB? It's pretty awesome. I joined last year and have since met some amaaazing people. You should check it out during some down time when you're not wedding planning :) (capfabb.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks like a gorgeous place to get married!! I'm so happy for you! YAY!

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister got married there in 2009. If you need any recommendations or pics of a very beautiful...(read: colorful and Indian) wedding lol let me know! My mom did everything local and it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister got married there in 2009. If you need any recommendations or pics of a very beautiful...(read: colorful and Indian) wedding lol let me know! My mom did everything local and it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete