Monday, February 27, 2012

blackened shrimp satay with thai peanut sauce


I love Thai peanut sauce, and that's not just me throwing the L word around casually; this love is pure and true. I would eat it on pretty much anything, including a spoon... straight from my fridge. This shrimp satay used a very simple marinade to achieve a wonderfully sweet, blackened exterior while maintaining a perfectly cooked interior. Dunk those little babies into some thick, rich peanut sauce and you've got yourself one tasty treat.





My changes:  the peanut sauce recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar, but that is an insane amount of sugar, even for me. I added 1/2 cup the first time I made this recipe, and it was great. The next few times I made it, I've added a little over 1/4 cup, and it's also been great. I recommend starting with 1/4 and going up from there if you want.

1 comment:

  1. Just had to eat some straight peanut butter since this post made me have an extreme craving for peanut sauce and I don't have any hahaha

    ReplyDelete