Saturday, February 25, 2012

queen city cayenne mini milkshakes


I'm wonderfully obsessed with Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams and her new cookbook, written especially for home ice cream makers. Her flavors are unique, rich, and always interesting. I've made several recipes from her book, and can't believe how creamy and smooth the results are each time; however, I've found that I occasionally need to tone down certain "oddity" flavors, like the cinnamon in Queen City Cayenne. So, that's just what I did, then turned it into some fun shot glass-sized milkshakes. They were so tasty and rich enough to satisfy, even in miniature form.




Directions:

Either pick up Jeni's book, and whip up her Queen City Cayenne flavor (I decreased the cinnamon and cayenne to taste), or make any chocolate ice cream and add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Blend with milk, fill some shot glasses, and top with whipped cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment