Wednesday, February 8, 2012

wild mushroom risotto


I'm basically a newbie at making risotto, but I have realized that homemade risotto gets a really bad rap (PS I looked up how to spell "bad rap" and there you have it). The common misconception is that it requires loads of work and constant attention, but that's really not totally true. The stirring is frequent, but not constant, and you can easily leave the pot unwatched for a few minutes at a time. However, the best part is that you can make a really high-impact, fancy-pants meal for very little cash money. Why? Because it's totally acceptable to go meatless, and it's rich enough that even I don't care. This Wild Mushroom Risotto required very few ingredients, and was so rich and flavorful that I'm still salivating days later thinking about the creamy texture and taste.

1 comment:

  1. I love risotto, so so much and this sounds amazing to cook.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete