Monday, May 16, 2011

product review: sally hansen nail polish strips


I have a confession to make. For those of you who know me well, you'll know this isn't easy for me. I have followed the advice of my girl-crush Emily Schumann twice now, and she has let me down... both times. First with her suggestion to make homemade thin mints, which were awful and dry, and now with her recommendation of Sally Hansen Real Nail Polish Strips. I was pretty excited to try these, particularly in the color she chose called Frock Star, and was really disappointed. The edges repeatedly peeled up, parts of the strips flaked off while filing them to length, and they never seemed to truly attach to my nail. I felt like I couldn't even use my hands. From afar, they look pretty snazzy. But up close, the imperfections are numerous and unrepairable, leaving the nails unraveling just like my unrealistic girl-crush expectations.

5 comments:

  1. I follow her blog too, but too bad the nail strips sucked because the glitter is a fun look!

    xo,
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I love the colorful glitter. Strangely, the pack comes with 16 nail strips, so I'm going to attempt it ONE more time as a just-in-case... but I'm not very hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get these. My good friend had leopard print ones on the other day and I was in love! I saw these in Las Vegas and ever since I have wanted them. I love the glitter ones I have to find them around here!

    xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw i love the glitter though!! i love your blog!! so interesting :)

    thanks for your comment on my blog!

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, great post!! :) And poor nails.

    <3
    aj

    ReplyDelete