Thursday, May 26, 2011

tie dye revival


After all these years, tie dye is making a comeback... for grownups. Maybe not the super-saturated rainbow spirals of summer camp youth, but it is back in a more subdued and flattering way. First, I love everything about the dress pictured above; I am drooling over it as we speak. Unfortunately only one of these handmade beauties available, and I'm sure it wouldn't fit me. The two dresses below are just as swoon-worthy, but way out of my price range. Fortunately, tie dye is about as attainable of a trend as any, and you can find it (or make it) at literally every price point. Enter some budget-friendly options for your viewing pleasure. Groovy.


Fantasy time over. Back to reality, but with some great options none the less!

Soft Joie Allover Tie Dye Maxi, South Moon Under, $128
Ecote Tie Dye Maxi Dress, Urban Outfitters, $49
ECI Print Charmeuse Blouson Dress, Nordstrom, $148
Staring at Stars Tie Dye Beaded Eternity Scarf, UO, $29


4 comments:

  1. Yayy I love tie dye! That dress from nordstrom is sososo adorable :)

    Xo,Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see I'm not the only one who loves tie dye! I love how classy it looks on these photos.

    http://shannonsometimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! The long dress is gorgeous!

    kisses

    style me steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also the the resurgence of tie dye, especially in it's new, muted style! The maxi dress reminds me of the Calypso St. Barth for Target dress just came out earlier this month.

    ReplyDelete