Tuesday, May 3, 2011

parmesan chicken and cavatappi with green beans, pistachios, & lemon-thyme vinaigrette



I love, love, LOVE fried chicken. Chicken tenders, wings, deep fried goodness... OK I'm salivating. There are a ton of recipes out there for oven-fried varieties, but they always seem to lack breading flavor. This recipe, however, was absolutely loaded with Parmesan cheese, and you can rarely go wrong with Parmesan. It was moist, flavorful and delicious. I had this pasta salad recipe that also contained some Parmesan, and nice fresh green beans, so I threw them together for a nice tasty meal. I will say though, the pasta salad took a little more prep work than I anticipated:  lots of chopping, dicing, and shelling pistachios. Even though it was very tasty, I'd hesitate to go through the prep again just for a weeknight meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment