Monday, May 9, 2011

kentucky derby party


In case you live under a rock, the Kentucky Derby was Saturday. Adam and I were invited to a swanky  derby party at the country club where he works, and of course a themed outfit was in order. In anticipation of the event, I had already bought a hat in London (from a super cheap store) that doubled as Royal Wedding attire a week or so back. At the party, to my excitement and surprise, I won an award for Best Hat: champagne and a generous gift card! The reward was a surprise, but I think my awesome purchase deserved it. It was such a fun time that I may just host a less extravagant party next year.

Skirt: River Island, Heels: Isaac Mizrahi for Target, Bodysuit: American Apparel, Necklace: Nicole Miller

3 comments:

  1. How awesome is this look on you? I love it. You have such amazing hair. You should post your hair-care tips, although I bet you just have great hair on it's own, and you do NOTHING to it but wash it and let it air dry, am I right? LOL

    XO,
    TFE

    www.TheFashionableESQ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! While I do like my hair AFTER it's been done, rest assured I can't even look in the mirror after it's air dried--it has literally never worked for me. I have been considering posting my first tutorial though... so perhaps I've found my topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have read the blog and it's a nice thing in your blog. -If you need a reliable home rental services, then look no further than Derby Home Rentals! Check out our trusted website!
    Derby Home Rentals
    Rent my home for derby

    ReplyDelete