Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the perfect accompaniments


I was so excited yesterday to see that Adam returned home from work with homemade pepper jelly, a gift from a gourmet foodie member at his country club. He may have unnecessarily stuffed the pantry with five jars that I'm not sure I'll get to immediately, but it's still awesome. My favorite way to eat pepper jelly is with crackers and cheese, specifically mascarpone or brie, which got me to thinking about my beloved cheese trays (check out my charcuterie spread here). I find that most people can't tell the difference between good cheese and very good cheese, so the spread really depends on the accompaniments:  crackers, bread, crostinis, olives, fruit, jams and jellies, spreads, cured meats... I could go on forever. The Cheddar & Scallion Twists (Target find) and the Sundried Tomato Mustard are both delicious; the others I'm still looking forward to trying.

1. Fig and Olive Crisps, 2. Cheddar and Scallion Sourdough Twists, 3. Sundried Tomato Mustard, 4. Assortment of Cured Meats, 5. Harissa Spread, 6. International Olive Assortment, 7. Rosemary Mini Flatbreads

1 comment: