Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ahi tuna tacos



I have been so excited to post this meal, because it was a-maz-ing! I saw these insanely good looking ahi tuna steaks at Whole Foods, and immediately went home to find a recipe for them. As it turned out, I combined two recipes, and couldn't be happier with the results. I started with this Tuna Taco recipe, but kicked it up a notch by marinating the tuna in this Homey Lime sauce. First of all, the marinade was out of this world; I have already made plans to use it about 1231 more times, and it really took the tacos to a new level. Foodies unanimously agree that ahi tuna should be enjoyed as raw as possible, so I wanted to stay true to the raw idea. The tuna would be just as delicious prepared medium-rare or even medium, based on your preference. If you make any summer recipe in my little arsenal, make this one!!!  Seriously, go do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment