Sunday, August 14, 2011

grilled asparagus & roasted mushroom salad


The actual title for this recipe is Grilled Asparagus and Roasted Mushroom Salad with Toasted Pecans, Blue Cheese, and Red Chile Mustard Vinaigrette, but that seemed a bit wordy to use for my post, no?  Leave it to my ginger brother, Bobby Flay, to get all fancy. I'll be up front with you:  this salad was way too much work for a random weeknight. I personally don't really have time to be whipping up a first course at all, let alone a fancy-pants one, on a Tuesday. However, the salad was extremely tasty, and I would definitely make it for a special occasion, date night, or dinner party. It was bursting with an interesting mix of flavors that blended together just stupendously. The pictures don't really do it justice because, well, mushrooms are ugly. In real life, it was quite lovely and I was pleased with myself for the effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment