Friday, August 5, 2011

creole crab burgers with old bay feta corn


In light of my make-the-most-of-summer kick, I give you the Creole Crab Burger. The recipe for this burger is insanely simple, but produces an impressive result. Especially if you simplify things further, as I did, by simply broiling some preformed crab cakes (mine were from Whole Foods). A local neighborhood restaurant called Ryleigh's Oyster serves an Old Bay Feta Corn that is to die for, which I did my best to recreate. I admittedly fell a little short of the luxuriously creamy, grilled restaurant version, but it was delicious nonetheless. Top it off with a simple salad, and you've got an amazing, easy Summer meal.




Old Bay Feta Corn
Simply mix a generous portion of crumbled feta into softened butter, and rub the piping hot just-boiled cobs with the mixture. Sprinkle with Old Bay. Grilling the corn would be preferable, but the boiling worked just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment