Saturday, August 20, 2011

oh happy day!


Gingersnaps is back with a bang... and a ring! Yesterday, what started as my birthday ended up being so much more. In fact, it was the happiest day of my life. Adam and I are getting married! I knew that covert plans for birthday gifts and a nice dinner were in the works, but had no idea what would unfold. To my delight, Adam informed me that I did not have to worry about over-dressing for dinner (yay!), so I wore a gorgeous ivory dress from London that I'd been meaning to sneak in before summer's end. After a heartfelt card and gifts, he suggested that we walk somewhere nice to take a few photos together on our lovely day. He suggested we walk to the top of Federal Hill, overlooking the harbor near our first happy little home. Then, with shaking hands, teary eyes, and beautiful loving words, Adam took one knee and asked me to marry him. It was the most abundantly joyful, overwhelming, and memorable moment I could have ever imagined, and I'm so happy to share it with all of you as the future Mrs. Slagter. 

Before: of course I had to include my cute dress from Instant Vintage, nude Steve Madden Rrrush pumps, and completely sub par stackable rings from UO.




After:  my beautiful ring and FIANCE. Unfortunately, the super macro camera setting shows every one of my grubby little finger marks and spots from fondling my ring for the past 12 hours or so. Ignore those, please ;)




 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to the both of you! How exciting! The ring is beautiful. Good job, Adam!

    xo,
    Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is SO sweet! Congratulations!!!!! I love your outfit too. What a perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another comment from me:) love the pictures and hearing how he did it! Congrats again.
    You deserve the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While this may be the third or fourth time I've heard the story, it still makes me smile from ear to ear. So so so happy for the two of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing news Jordan!! So happy for you both! And yes your outfit and ring are gorgeous!! Perfect for someone as beautiful as you =) Can't wait to see the bridal/wedding blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot damn! What a gorgeous RING! I loved how you described the moment. CONGRATULATIONS! So cute and such a happy time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwe love this post! so happy for you two! the ring is gorgggggeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog - I found you via IFB! =D Congrats on your engagement, what a gorgeous ring! Your dress is absolutely stunning =D

    I'm now following you via google, I'd love it if you could come check out my blog and maybe follow?

    xoxo can't wait for more posts
    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete