Friday, June 22, 2012

savannah buttermint ice cream


I've mentioned my love of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream cookbook before, but after my third attempt at her mouth-watering recipes, I've never loved it more. Her Savannah Buttermint caught my eye immediately while flipping through the beautiful pages, but I forced myself to wait until spring or summer to make the light, refreshing flavor. The ice cream set up beautifully in the machine itself, and was ready to eat without spending hours in the freezer like many home recipes. The lightly buttery, pastel yellow cream, with a hint of mint, was complemented perfectly by white chocolate flecks throughout. Adam even declared it to be the best ice cream I've made yet (at least until I finally relent and make his vanilla with Heath bar request).


4 comments:

  1. this looks wonderful :) and I bet it was delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm yummy!!! so unfair to post photos like these- it's 11 pm and after seeing these photos I want something sweet-:)
    And thank you dear for your lovely comment on my post! So glad you left a link to your beautiful blog/follow you darling
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. it's really a good contribution to us guys not good at icecream, you know i did some cakes before but the taste it's not good, then i quit, so if you have interesting, you can load to catier watches

    visit my new make up, give me your advice, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete