Thursday, June 28, 2012

crafty ceramics

Are you ready for what may truly be the easiest DIY you've ever seen? Do you have an inexpensive mug, plate, bowl or any random ceramic kitchen item in your home? If not, go ahead and splurge on a two-buck coffee mug. Do you have a Sharpie? Get yourself one of those, too.

Steps:

Write or draw on item with Sharpie.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven.
You've got yourself a safe, permanently set design.

I decided to write a sweet little note on one of Adam's morning tea mugs (he is English after all, so tea is a must). I tucked it back in the cupboard in hopes that it makes the start of one of his days just a little brighter. I could've gotten a little neater or more artistic with the design, but I think handwritten notes are always a sweet and personal touch.

3 comments:

  1. Does it actually stay permanent? I heard that it comes off after a while...):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete