Monday, November 14, 2011

chicken tortilla soup


I love chicken tortilla soup. If I see tortilla soup on a restaurant menu, there's a 100% chance I will order it, fill myself up on it, and then struggle to finish my entree. Every time. I will likely try my hand at many variations of this favorite treat, but I started with this recipe, which had a reasonable number of ingredients and a five-star rating. I knew it would turn out amazing from the minute I realized you cook the chicken breasts right in the spicy seasoned broth, making them tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. I topped mine with some homemade tortilla strips seasoned with a little chili powder for texture and crunch. The soup was easy to make, rich and filling, and absolutely delicious to eat.





No comments:

Post a Comment