Wednesday, July 18, 2012

strawberry & mascarpone ice cream


After many rounds of experimentation with homemade ice cream recipes, I have found two things to be true:  practice makes perfect, and Jeni of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream is a genius. I've gushed over her cookbook before, so I'll spare you that repetition; however, I've come to realize that her basic ice cream base is the key to achieving smooth, creamy success, and can be adapted in infinite ways. For this Strawberry and Mascarpone Ice Cream, I adapted her Roasted Strawberry and Buttermilk recipe to my liking (an incredibly easy endeavor). Simply follow the directions as written, omitting buttermilk, using juice of 1/2 lemon, and adding 5 oz. mascarpone. The result was an ice cream so creamy and luxurious that you would swear it came from a fancy-pants creamery.



2 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds and looks amazing! I love mascarpone with strawberries! You take gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing :) I must try this magical recipe

    ReplyDelete