Monday, October 10, 2011

dublin


Are you ready to be bombarded with all things Irish? You're probably not, and I get that. Vacation photos are notoriously blah, but I can't ignore the past three weeks of my life. I took about 1000 too many photos on the trip, but I managed to separate some favorites by city or village into a series of posts that I will (kindly) spread out and disperse among other topics of interest. I've also made a conscious effort to combine some food and fashion into the travel posts to spare you from endless cathedrals, castles, cliffs, and coastlines. Check out that alliteration. First stop:  Dublin. You may notice the conspicuous absence of pubs and pints in this post because, yes, I believe they deserve their own homage in days to come.


Christ Church Cathedral



The River Liffey by Day and Night



Molly Malone


St. Audeon's Church


Kristen and I at St. Stephen's Green



Side note:  I am in love with this rain jacket. When I first bought it, I sort of kicked myself thinking I should have just stuck with basic black to match most outfits, but I was wrong. I love navy and black together, and have always thought the combo looks somehow polished and elegant. My jacket was from Nordstrom about a year ago (now on crazy sale at the Rack!), and there are also similar options here and here. The Burberry version is a pipe dream, but amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I think I am in love with those doors!!

    And I actually enjoy looking at holiday photos like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh well thank you, I'm glad! I love looking at other people's or blog's travel photos too. The doors were everywhere there and were SO cute. I even found a hot pink one, but it didn't really go with the other 3 for this collage. So cute!

    ReplyDelete