Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DIY Photo Booth Party Hats



Yesterday during Austin's "snowpocalypse" and my accompanying day off of work (see this for a good laugh), I was in the mood for some DIY. However, I didn't have any projects or supplies on hand, and I certainly wasn't hitting the roads with Texans that panic on the road when it rains. Instead, I started planning some ideas future projects, and also remembering old ones like these party hat photo booth props I made for our wedding.

This is a very easy DIY, and is infinitely adaptable to any theme or color scheme. Obviously, you can just wear party hats for the fun of it, but they are especially great when a photo booth is involved. You can see by the Smilebooth photos that they were a lot of fun for kids of all ages, and were a great addition to the overall palette and theme of the day.


DIY Photo Booth Party Hats

Materials

Card stock, construction paper, scrapbook paper, or heavy wrapping paper
Hot glue gun and glue sticks (or other quick-drying glue)
Thin elastic string (found at any craft store)
Scissors
Optional: paint, pom poms, or other adornments

Directions

Simply trace any round object, like a mixing bowl, on your paper. Find the approximate center point; it doesn't have to be 100% exact, unless you want to pull some bisecting lines geometry stunts. Cut and remove a wedge from the paper, as seen below.


Roll the remaining Pacman of paper into a conical shape, overlapping the two edges of the wedge enough to line with hot glue and hold into place. Adorn with accessories, if desired. You can paint the paper before or after assembling the hat, but I did it before.

I used my own head to measure and cut a length of elastic string, remembering to make sure it fits when stretched and taut, not when loose, and hot glued it to the inside of the paper hat.

Wear hat with tipsy pride.

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the background you made for the photobooth, too. You had very productive snowpocalypse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was getting bore since morning but as soon as I got this link & reached at this blog, I turned into fresh and also joyful too.


    www.viralboothoc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete