Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Glamping in Texas



Oh, glamping. I cringe a little just to say your name. I practically roll my eyes before the name leaves my lips when talking with friends. Yet, the concept is fantastic in every way. I first learned of this idea on an episode of the Real Housewives (seriously), and while the women were over-the-top with their diamonds and stilettos in the woods, the concept was great. I did a little research, and found a gorgeous retreat only 45 minutes outside of Austin.

Sinya on Lone Man Creek was an amazing getaway, and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit from start to finish. My best description of the structure is a large, permanent tent perched atop a wraparound deck. The inside was beautifully furnished, with a plush, comfy bed, a luxurious tub, an outdoor hot tub under the stars, and perfect rustic decor. Lynn, the owner, was charming and helpful; she brought us breakfast on our balcony, prepared the fire pit each evening, and provided a s'mores kit for late night snacks. The setting was peaceful, the view beautiful, and the experience all around lovely. I would highly recommend a visit for any couple looking for a nice weekend together.





3 comments:

  1. I usually hate the outdoors but this definitely seems like something I would love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely the way to do the "outdoors" if it's not really your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glamping! Jordan I love your blog it's 1000X better than mine.

    ReplyDelete