Monday, January 20, 2014

Blood Orange & Prosecco Sparkling Cocktail



I debated waiting to post another wintery champagne cocktail until I at least threw something else in the mix to break up my current obsession with bubbly, but.... just no. I have no excuse, other than I just didn't want to. Instead, I'll be posting a series of four seasonal champagne (or Prosecco) cocktails, possibly all in a row. This version is possibly the easiest cocktail known to mankind. It has two ingredients. OK I guess you need to wait for ice to freeze, but that's about it. Also, who doesn't love blood oranges? They are gorgeous and tasty and amazing, in every way. You could even use the blood orange ice cubes for something like juice... I mean, you could... in theory. I wouldn't know. The first photo is also a shout out to my husband who thinks that an $8 bottle of Cupcake is the greatest bargain in the world.


Blood Orange & Prosecco Sparkling Cocktail
Serves 2

1 lb. blood oranges
Champagne or Prosecco

Juice blood oranges, removing any seeds or flesh. Freeze blood orange juice in ice cube trays. Add to a glass or Champagne flute, and top with bubbly. Serve immediately. 






No comments:

Post a Comment