Wednesday, October 3, 2012

potato & goat cheese napoleon with basil-balsamic vinaigrette


It's hard to believe that as recently as about a year ago, I couldn't stand the thought of eating potatoes. Well, except for the fried ones (fries, chips, tots, etc... have always been winners in my book). I decided to teach myself to like them, and suddenly here I am seeking out this Potato & Goat Cheese Napoleon with Basil-Balsamic Vinaigrette. Most recipes on Gingersnaps are either my own, or alterations of existing recipes, but this one is straight up robbed from Bobby Flay. The result was a really tasty side dish, or entree when served with a simple salad, that I would definitely make again. My one bit of advice is to double the vinaigrette, as it was absolutely delicious on chicken breasts the next day (or whisked with some extra EVOO for a flavorful salad dressing). I guess I'm officially a potato convert... especially if they're sandwiched with goat cheese.



1 comment:

  1. I just have to say that I LOVE how you find a way to use goat cheese in most of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete