Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Salad Mixer

I am going to be perfectly honest with you right now: I am proud of this genius idea. After seeing a seasonal salad on a local restaurant menu this weekend, then trying to remember and subsequently forgetting the exact ingredients, I started thinking about what ingredients just scream fall. Somehow not only seasonal fruits and veggies represent the time of year; nuts, cheeses, and even dressings can fit the theme.

Any Pinterest addict will tell you that this season is bursting with amazing, hearty salads that are brimming with fall flavors. Sometimes, though, following an exact recipe is annoying when you could just as easily whip up your own with either what's on hand, or simply what you love to chow down on. You can even say it's all in the name of healthiness. It is a salad after all, right?

This diagram could have been made with text alone, but I thought that adding pictures would help to plan a salad that's not only tasty, but also visually appealing. A dish that boasts a rainbow of autumnal colors just plain makes me happy. I'll be following my own instructions over the next few weeks and posting some inspired salads, while hopefully inspiring others to do the same.





1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I LOVE this infographic! Do you mind sharing what program you use to develop these? I am a nutritionist and would love to be able to put something like this together for my patients. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete