Tuesday, April 17, 2012

chicken laksa (curry ramen soup)


As Adam and I ate ramen noodles for dinner tonight, I remembered that I had taken these photos and forgot to post this Chicken Laksa dish. I call it Chicken Laksa, which is a Malaysian dish, but it's really just doctored-up ramen noodles. And it's got curry. And coconut milk. Yum. This is one of the easiest, cheapest dinners you can possibly make. Really, you don't even need the chicken, but you probably know my feelings on meals without meat (I tend to make very few exceptions to this rule). I got three Bauman-Slagter sized servings out of this meal, and spent less than $10. The key is to pick up a mix of chopped veggies from the salad bar, saving both time and cash. Money in the bank/in my closet.



3 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need measurements. I'm kitchen impaired. I want to make this but can you render it down to a recipe (for me, please :)
    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Nice to hear from you :)
    The link in the post takes you to the recipe for "Veggie Laksa", which also includes the option to add meat. Though I should have included here a little trick I tried to maximize my ramen packets haha: I added the chicken flavored seasoning packets to the water than I boiled the chicken in... I think it actually added a good bit of flavor!

    ReplyDelete