Sesame Ahi Tuna Tartare
- 12 oz. sushi grade ahi tuna, (could also use yellowfin tuna)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1.5 t. Sriracha
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 1 t. fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup* red, orange and/or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 T. sesame seeds, preferably toasted
- Cilantro for garnish
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, Sriracha, sesame oil and ginger in a medium bowl. This dressing can be made ahead of time, or the day before, but not added to the tuna.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, cut the tuna into 1/2" cubes, and add tuna and chopped peppers to the dressing and toss to coat. Allow to sit in refrigerator for up to 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge, pour any significant excess dressing, leaving only a small amount remaining in bottom. Re-toss the tuna and peppers with the dressing.
- Top with sesame seeds and cilantro for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
* You can stretch this recipe to give a little more bang for your buck by bulking up the tuna with more bell peppers. This way, you can increase the serving size without increasing the pricey tuna or sacrificing flavor.