Monday, April 14, 2014

Gift Idea: DIY Margarita Kit


juicer and salt dish // bowl // glasses // straws // tray
On Saturday, some girlfriends and I celebrated the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends. During dinner, while reminiscing, we realized it has already been ten years since we met; I do not know where the time goes. I'm beyond lucky that Shannon has recently moved to none other than Austin, TX! I wanted to get her something special, preferably Texas-themed, and came up with the idea for a margarita kit. Every self-respecting Texan needs to master a good margarita, and what better way than with the cutest barware ever. 

I warned her that the gift wasn't exactly a conventional necklace or cute accessory, because I'm not capable of conventional. Luckily, she knows me. It all started with finding this juicer and salt dish, and I played off of the color scheme from there. Shannon's favorite color is basically the exact color of these glasses, so they just had to be purchased as well. It was a fun gift to put together, and any variation of this idea (with any type of cocktail) is a fun idea for an outside-the-box present.

Oh, and she loved it. The end.




No comments:

Post a Comment