Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chipotle Shrimp and Guacamole Tostada Bites



Remember that time I made guacamole? If not, it's literally right below this. Not only is this another guacamole-related recipe, but it's also another Z'Tejas ripoff. You can even make it with, I don't know, maybe my tableside guacamole. This appetizer is an amazing one for entertaining, because you can assemble them an hour or so ahead of time, and serve them at room temperature. Also, they're easy, especially if you use store-bought guac. For the "tostada" base, I used sweet potato tortilla chips from Trader Joe's; they were very yummy, and I was able to trick myself into thinking that they were also very good for me. This is win, win. I don't need you, Z'Tejas! (Yes I do).


Chipotle Shrimp and Guacamole Tostada Bites

Ingredients
  • Small to medium shrimp
  • Chipotle or BBQ dry seasoning 
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • Round tortilla chips or scoops
  • Guacamole
  • Creme fraiche 
  • Chipotle hot sauce
  • Cilantro

Directions
  1. Toss raw shrimp with chipotle seasoning (I used a mixture of chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, and Old Bay, but you can use any store-bought seasoning). 
  2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute shrimp until just opaque and cooked throughout. Remove from heat.
  3. Top each tortilla chip with a dollop of guacamole, one shrimp, and a leaf of cilantro.
  4. Mix chipotle hot sauce into creme fraiche until desired level of flavor is achieved. Add mixture to a Ziploc bag and trim one small corner to pipe onto tostadas.

No comments:

Post a Comment