Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Positano: Villa Fiorentino


Positano, from the terrace of our honeymoon suite
When dreaming up my perfect honeymoon, the one place that was unquestionably atop the list is incredible, magical Positano on Italy's Amalfi Coast. I consider myself to be well-traveled, and I have never in my life laid eyes on a more breathtaking place. I could go on for days about this charming and enchanting coastal town, but I'm saving that for a post of its own. Today, we're talking accommodations, and the best suite in the world. That's a fact, not an opinion. OK it's an opinion, but a justified one.

I first discovered Villa Fiorentino while reading the blog A Cup of Jo. The author and her husband stayed in this very suite on their own honeymoon, and I knew instantly that I had to experience it for myself. Villa Fiorentino has been owned and operated by the same hospitable Italian family for generations. The cozy villa features only six beautiful suites, each with their own unique charm. The creme de la creme, however, is the luxurious Honeymoon Suite. It had to be mine, if only for five nights.

The interior of the suite is palatial in size and beautifully decorated in true Italian style; however, the real value lies in the private outdoor terrace. Secluded from the rest of the villa, the terrace includes its own tiny lemon grove, sunbeds and chairs for lounging, an indoor-outdoor shower with an incredible view, and most importantly, a private swimming pool overlooking the Mediterranean! It was, hands down, the most amazing place I have ever stayed, and so much more memorable than any traditional swanky hotel.  I mean, seriously, take one look at this place, drop what you're doing, and get on a plane; I promise it's worth every penny.

Our private pool on the terrace, with an outrageous view
Pool shower? Why not
My favorite chair in the entire world
The honeymoon terrace
About that chair...
Our personal lemon grove on the terrace rooftop
I just liked this one
One of my favorite photos - the view from the terrace shower
Seriously happy
I just liked this one, too
Bougainvillea on the terrace
Hamming it up on the balcony
Newlyweds

2 comments:

  1. You look positively radiant and that bikini is the perfect color.
    Positano is stunningly beautiful! It is now on my list of places I must travel, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos!!!! Positano is number one on my bucket list & now I want to visit it even more after seeing your photos & reading this!!!! Thank you for sharing this.

    Xx,
    Renee Allison

    ReplyDelete