Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ravello, Italy



Have you ever tried to start a journal, trip diary, or any similar form of documentation? I've tried about a million times, and I fail every single time. There's something about staying on top of things that just doesn't sit well with my semi-adult self. The same goes for blogging; some things just never end up being posted, and I wish they had. In light of this aspect of my personality, I've decided to turn Thursdays into a #TBT of sorts, and share some of my favorite things about which I'd like to reminisce and relive a bit... like a day spent in the breathtaking town of Ravello, Italy.

During our honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast, Adam and I took a day trip to a small town located high up on the cliff side above the coast, which stakes claim to the most spectacular views of the region. I am so thankful we made the decision to visit, as it was one of my favorite days of the trip. From espresso in the quaint piazza, to the must-see attractions of Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo, and an unforgettable lunch towering over the sea (check out that view in the final photo!), it was a day to remember always. We even got to watch a beautiful Italian wedding, which filled us with nostalgia so soon after our own perfect day. If you're ever fortunate enough to visit this area of the world, please take the time to stop by Ravello for a truly awe-inspiring aerial perspective of the famed Amalfi Coast.




4 comments:

  1. Italy look breathtaking in these photos! I really want to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont feel too badly. Sometimes the journals or the pictures can take away from the experience. I have a horrible memory though and freak out if I dont have documentation of the moments I love. I would love to know where your dress is from. Its so beautiful. And it fits the stunning setting of Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from ASOS, and is currently available in white and pink: http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Shift-Dress-With-Cornelli-Trim/11gtxu/?iid=3240449&SearchQuery=corelli&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=White&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1TaGlmdC1EcmVzcy1XaXRoLUNvcm5lbGxpLVRyaW0vUHJvZC8.

      Delete